Friday, 22 November 2013

Day 3

Musee Rodin

When we arrived at the Musee Rodin we were greeted with a sticker(shown below) and shown into what I'd describe as a a courtyard of sorts. I thought the museum as a whole was very organised every little thing in order and proper, every leaf was their on purpose they had the exact amount of grass at the exact length in a perfect square, This perfectionism doesn't usually appeal to me because I believe in the beauty of nature, in my opinion I would have like to have seen a bit of asymmetry and the smallest bit of random in their museum but I have to admit it was gorgeous.






The Thinker

The first piece to catch my eye immediately was first called The Poet, Le Penseur (The Thinker) The Thinker was originally intended to represent Dante at the gates of Hell , pondering his poem.Unlike conventional representations of thought, as the goddess Athena draped and army, The Thinker by Rodin is a naked man, thus symbolizing the universality of thought and muscular, linking the exercise of the mind than the body .

This was easily by far my favourite sculpture from this trip maybe because knowing so much about it pire to seeing it and then actually seeing it in person really blew me away. I had already seen this before in many photos but actually being two feet away from it was something special and indescribable .




Musee d'Orsay

We later arrived at the Musse d'Orsay which is actually an old train station remodelled into an art gallery this makes for some really breath taking architecture, the enormous curved glass pane ceiling is art in itself, the shear hight  of the ceiling above makes you almost forget your in a museum at all, because the roof is mainly glass it lets in a really nice ambient light that just lights up the whole building with a flattering glow


 In my opinion the architecture of each room is what really makes this for me, not to say that the art themselves weren't enough but by making the entire building like they have everywhere you look their is something to see. Unfortunately due to some rules I wasn't able to get that many photos but where I was allowed to take photos, very few things I took photos of really blew me away expect for the photo I got of the entire building.

No comments:

Post a Comment